Researcher BioinformaticsLocation: Metslawier or WageningenYour contribution:
As a bioinformatician you will be part of our bioinformatics team and support all research and breeding teams within HZPC Research BV. We believe that you as a specialist in bioinformatics, can add the most value – and get the most work satisfaction – while working within an interdisciplinary team. In addition, your role will be that of an independent consultant/developer, handling requests and contributing to the development and maintenance of the bioinformatics pipelines and infrastructure. You will be closely collaborating with our in-house IT specialists and data scientists.Your opportunity:
You will be a major player in bringing data driven potato breeding to the next level. A real team player, willing to understand the needs of our “bioinformatics-customers” and able to explain bioinformatic approaches and opportunities to non-bioinformaticians. By organizing, analyzing and visualizing data, you ensure to make the right decisions within our breeding program, contributing to better varieties and a sustainable and healthy future for all.Your profile:
What would give a plus to your profile:
- MSc in (bio)informatics, computational biology or related a field
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Python
- Communicator and team player
- Experienced Linux environment and command line user
- Good data management skills and “FAIR-data” aware
- Experience with working in a cloud environment
- Experience with large scale sequence data analyses
What we offer:
- Some years of experience working as a bioinformatician
- Experience with plant genomics and genetics
- Experience with Git/Azure DevOps
- Experience with Databricks
- Comfortable with concepts like Infrastructure as Code, virtualisation, containerisation
At HZPC we attach great importance to personal initiative and personal development. You enter an informal work environment where you get the space to further develop yourself.
- Full-time employment
- A group of enthusiastic and experienced colleagues from specialized departments
- Good secondary employment conditions, including a 13th month, premium free pension, travel allowance and a collective variable gratification
- A position in an international environment in a healthy and growing organization
- This position can be executed from our locations in Wageningen or Metslawier. Combinations with working from home are possible.
Founded in 1898 and rooted in the Netherlands, HZPC has become a global market leader in innovative breeding, seed potato trading and concept development. Our ambition is a sustainable growth. We offer innovative potato varieties that are optimized for local cultivation conditions. We share knowledge and provide solutions that dynamically anticipate the climatic, cultural and commercial challenges that the whole area of food has to deal with. With 420 employees in 19 countries and exporting to more than 90 countries, we contribute to the availability of responsible food for the well-being of millions of people worldwide.
All our R&D activities are largely carried out in Metslawier. In this advanced knowledge center, more than 100 colleagues from all over the world work on daily basis to develop new varieties, improve current breeds and expand our knowledge in all sorts of specialisms. In addition, various activities are carried out from our Research hub in Wageningen.
You can find more information on our website: www.hzpc.com.Your reaction:
For more information about you can contact Remco Ursem (Program Leader Bioinformatics) via + 31 6 30 58 46 81 or Remco.Ursem@hzpc.com.
More information about the procedure, you can gain by contacting Koenraad Witteveen (HR Business Partner) +31 513 489888.
Are you enthusiastic? Please send us your application (CV and motivation) before June 3.